Work in Sales for a recognized brand and industry leader that offers best in class product and sales training that will put you on the road to success! Culligan is one of the world’s most recognized leaders in water quality solutions.
Culligan is currently seeking a motivated sales representative to sell our well known, high quality products through out-bound calls.
The primary responsibilities for this position are to analyze customers’ water needs and provide solution options. You will receive formal training to prepare you for a successful career in sales with potential career advancement opportunities!
- A minimum of one year sales experience
- Possess a skill set as a successful hunter, closer and marketer
- Ability to generate leads
- Self starter
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- High school diploma/GED required, bachelors degree preferred
- A valid driver’s license and your own transportation
Culligan has over 75 years of experience in the design and distribution of water treatment systems for residential, commercial and industrial applications. We received the Good Housekeeping Seal and Consumer Digest “Best Buy” rating; plus the famous iconic “Hey Culligan Man” tagline is known by generations of customers. Since introducing the first water softener in 1936, Culligan has been the industry leader in service, support and product innovation.
Bottled Water Cooler Technician
Bottled Water Cooler/Water Production Plant Technician
Culligan Water of Greater Kansas City is seeking an individual with technical experience for in-house and field repair for water coolers and equipment. The primary responsibility of the Bottled Water Cooler and Plant Technician is to provide repairs, upgrades, maintenance, and installations for Culligan and non-Culligan equipment and products. The technician’s goal is to provide the maximum amount of service to clients in order to exceed customer expectations. Secondary job responsibilities include water plant maintenance, repair, and/or operation, and potentially stepping in for water delivery / pick-up and field service work.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair bottled water coolers to ensure an adequate supply of quality products and equipment ready for installation.
- Performing all diagnostics and analysis to trouble-shoot and repair equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Cleaning and sanitizing bottle water coolers and equipment prior to being issued for customer installation.
- May help with operation and running of bottled water plant.
- Installing, upgrading, and maintaining bottle water coolers, equipment, and plant.
- Completing paperwork related to tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- May assist other employees with delivery and installation of products/equipment.
- Maintaining company vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Communicating in a positive manner with customers and co-workers and maintaining positive public relations for the company.
- Following all rules and regulations pertaining to safety and Culligan policies.
- High school diploma or GED
- At least two years of related technical on installation experience; plumbing experience preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to handle repetitive weight up to 60 lbs., bending, lifting, crouching
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass drug screen
- Pass Department of Transportation physical
- Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance
Starting Salary range depending on experience:
$13 – $16 per hour
Commercial and Industrial Sales
Commercial and Industrial Sales Representatives work as partner with their customers to determine the best water solutions for the needs of their business. Culligan Water is the company they call to improve their water quality. Competitive Benefits include: Car Allowance; Employee Health Insurance – 60% funded by employer; $25,000 Group Life Insurance Policy – 100% funded by employer; 401K match (4%) – eligible at 6 months employment. Optional benefits: Dental; Vision; Additional Life Insurance; Dependent Life Insurance; Accident Insurance; Short Term Disability; Long Term Disability; PTO – vacation and holidays.Culligan Water of Greater Kansas City provides simple to complex water solutions for many top names in the hospitality and healthcare industries, as well as manufacturing and education. Culligan Water of Greater Kansas City is seeking a professional Commercial and Industrial Sales Representative to drive growth in strategic vertical markets located in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area (both in Kansas and Missouri) and surrounding areas. Commercial & Industrial Sales Representatives work as partners with current customers to enhance the relationship to maintain existing revenue with emphasis to increase services to deliver more efficient water treatment solutions in order to exceed customer expectations. In addition, candidates will also deliver revenue growth through relational sales activities, involvement in local associations and market partnerships. Typical market applications for water treatment services and solutions would include boiler and cooling tower makeup water, food & beverage process water and manufacturing process water applications. Culligan’s Commercial and Industrial Sales Representatives use a consultative, customer-focused sales approach that sets Culligan apart from our competition. Culligan’s solutions include a variety of product offerings: water conditioning, water softening, reverse osmosis, bottle-less coolers, deionized services, ancillary parts, as well as service and preventative maintenance programs. Culligan provides customers flexible financing with purchase, rental or lease options.
- Responsibilities include growing the existing customer base, prospecting on local businesses and new construction projects, establishing and maintaining a professional relationship with engineers, contractors, construction managers and business owners and operators.
- Business-to-Business cold calling is required.
- Meet or exceed sales revenue and profitability targets.
- Must be able to produce self-generated sales each month and be well organized.
- Prior sales experience in an industrial or business-to-business situation is required.
- Familiarity with water treatment is preferred, but not required.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative, intuition and be familiar with consultative selling skills.
- Computer skills on Microsoft Office applications are required.
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work independently or as a team and a burning desire to succeed. Strong business knowledge, professional presentation skills and excellent problem-solving abilities. The commission-focused sales professional general is the most successful.
Bottled Water Route Sales/Delivery
A positive attitude and the desire to make MONEY! Route sales/delivery is a commission job so the more you SELL the more you MAKE! Salary range is $15-$25+ per hour (depending on sales performance).
The ability to work in all types of weather while working out on your own with limited supervision. Servicing our customers is hard work, you will need to climb in & out of the truck and carry product that can weigh up to 45 pounds. You will definitely meet your recommended 10,000 steps in a day, with plenty of water to keep you hydrated during the day. Must have the ability to obtain a DOT medical card for the purpose of working for Culligan (Culligan will pay for this but is a condition of employment). Most importantly, you need to have a professional image and demeanor. We’ll provide the super cool uniform and truck.
Other important stuff to know:
A clean driving record means in the last 3 years, that you’ve only had 1 license, no driving-related suspension, revocation or cancellation, no disqualifying offenses, no more than 2 moving violations and no reckless driving incidents and in the last 5 years, no major driving offenses including DUI/DWI, refusal to test, leaving the scene, driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL, or at-fault fatal accident.
Must be 21 years of age or older (DOT requirement)
Culligan of Greater Kansas City is seeking motivated individuals for route sales position. Base + commission pay structure. Sales to existing customer base = more earning potential.
Full-time with competitive benefits package:
- Health insurance- 50% premium paid by employer
- 401k matching
- Life insurance- 100% paid by employer
- Short Term disability – 80% premium paid by employer
- Long term disability
Applicants must submit to drug screen and DOT certification physical.
Culligan is a growing, family owned, local business in the Kansas City area for over 75 years.
Looking for professional salespeople!
WANTED: Sales Professionals. Do you have some experience in the trades? Are you good with people? We are looking for some GREAT people here at Culligan.
Earnings can be well over $100K
Residential Water Treatment Sales Representative – Olathe, KS
Culligan of Greater Kansas City, the undisputed leader in water treatment since 1936 is expanding their residential sales force in the Kansas City area.
We are looking for direct sales representatives who want the opportunity to be a part of a growing, vibrant local company selling/renting the best equipment in the market place.
We have a vast base of customers in the Kansas City area and see unlimited opportunity to expand on this base. No experience is necessary, but prior sales experience is a plus. Must be a professional, self-starter with initiative and intuition. We will train you on how to work with potential customers to help them determine the type of service that best suits their needs.
This position will be responsible for developing new customers and maintaining relationships with existing customers for direct residential sales and rentals of household water softeners, reverse osmosis systems, and whole house filters. This position also requires candidates to self-generate household leads, follow company credit policies, and provide written feedback of self-generated lead activity to the sales manager.
Great benefits include health, dental insurance, company paid life insurance, 401K with company match, and paid time off. Background check and drug screen are required. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
Send resume with cover letter and salary history/requirements to Culligan of Greater Kansas City, 19625 W Old 56 Hwy, fax to (913) 782-2211, or preferably email to [email protected] EOE.